Who Are We?
The founding board was put together after a meeting last May, to discuss how to keep our genres of music alive and growing, and to help educate others on the benefits of music. This board is temporary to get the association off the ground and running, and will be taken over by those permanently voted in when the first election is held. You may contact any one of us for more information. It is open to musicians of any genre, amateur or professional, individuals and businesses in the music industry, radio hosts, health care workers, and anyone interested in our mission.
Founding Board Members (Temporary)
PRESIDENT: Andy Mitran -
TREASURER: Al Jewer -
SECRETARY: Sherry Finzer -
What exactly is mindful music?
We use the term to describe several genres of music that promote introspection, peacefulness, a sense of calm and well being.
We will help people to develop a consciousness about using music to improve quality of life. From meditation to yoga to stress reduction to general enjoyment; this music can help create an environment for healing, learning, centering or meditating.
What type of things does the MMA intend to do?
· -Provide a once a year event that offers seminars, performances, and face to face networking opportunities for members.
· -Help our membership learn about how to create larger audiences.
· -Produce a CD to help expose our music to more of the public.
· -Release recordings and promote them to all the streaming platforms.
· - Send our albums to schools to be made available to students who want to relax and have a productive study or meditation environment.
· -Reach out to schools to teach students how to use music to create positive atmospheres that improve quality of life.
· - Maintain a library of useful information to educate our members about everything from publishing, music therapy, applications of metadata, recording techniques, info on needed resources and marketing.
· -Share info about performance venues.
· -Promote the interaction our artist, show host, corporate vendor members with each other.